![]() |
| Eve of the Monday of the Octave of Easter Vigil before the Death of Pope Francis, April 20, 2025 |
After feeling the end of the Easter Triduum on Easter Sunday night and closing the day with Evening Vespers with the Dominican Nuns of Corpus Christi Monastery, Menlo Park; I walked back to the Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration of Nativity Catholic Church tired and resolved to close my day in Eucharistic Adoration.
I was led to the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and recalled the prayer I would pray before going to bed, "Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in you." And His Divine Words, "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." And I took this photo of the Blessed Sacrament with the rays of light beaming from the evening sun and found the announcement the next day that His Holiness Pope Francis had passed away this morning as I walked back to the Corpus Christi Monastery for the Easter Monday Liturgy at 7:35 a.m.
We feel with our Holy Father his closing of the day for His Pontificate and bid him to rest now.
May the souls of the faithful departed through the Mercy of God rest in Peace.
Daughter of the Church,
Meryl Viola Bravo
